Applicant Visit Day Directions and Parking
How to find us
How to find us
Arriving by train
- A courtesy coach will meet visitors arriving on the Paddington and Manchester trains. You will be met by an Ambassador in a red jacket with a Swansea University sign and directed to the coach. Coaches will be available at 9.45, 10.45 and 11.45 and will depart at 10.00, 11.00 & 12.00. All visitors taking the courtesy coach from the station to campus, will be given a free ticket to use on the purple FTR (bendy bus), which departs from campus every 12 minutes and will return you to the railway station at your convenience.
- Outside of these times, a taxi can be hired from the railway station - a journey to the University will cost approximately £7.00. Alternatively the purple FTR (bendy bus) runs from outside the station to the University every 12 minutes at an approximate cost of £3.50 single and £4.20 return if using a day ticket.
Arriving by car
Visitors arriving by car should make their way to the Fabian Way Park and Ride (postcode SA1 8LD) where onward transport to the campus will be available. The Park and Ride car park is 3.8 miles from junction 42 of the M4:
- Exit the M4 at Junction 42 (sign-posted Swansea A483) - the slip road will bring you onto Fabian Way.
- Follow the dual carriageway, keeping Amazon on your right.
- Continue straight across the next set of traffic lights.
- As you pass under the pedestrian footbridge, get into the right hand lane. At the traffic lights just after the footbridge, turn right and then right again into the Park and Ride car park. The parking charge per car is £ 2.50 for the day.
- A Swansea University representative will meet you at the Park and Ride and direct you to the correct coach. Coaches to the campus will depart approximately every 20 minutes from 9.30am to 12.00. Return coaches to the Park and Ride will depart from outside Fulton House from 2.45 until 4.30. The car park closes at 7.00pm
WE REGRET THAT ONLY DISABLED VISITORS ARE ALLOWED TO PARK ON THE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS. PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE BLUE BADGE IS DISPLAYED ON YOUR VEHICLE.
Arriving by national express coach/local bus
- Coaches arrive in the Quadrant Bus Station and bus numbers 2A, 3A & 82A depart for the University at 15 minute intervals. These buses will bring you onto campus.
- A single ticket costs £3.50 and a return ticket costs £4.20 if using a day ticket.
- Buses return from campus to the City Centre at regular intervals.
VISITORS WITH DISABILITIES
- If you require any assistance related to your disability in order to participate fully in the visit day, please contact the Disability Office (Tel: 01792 513000, Minicom/text: 01792 513100, Fax: 01792 513200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) as far in advance of your visit as possible.
- Please also inform the department you are visiting if you require a disabled parking space so they can make arrangements with Security on campus.