Swansea University Medical School is continuing its league table celebrations after entering the UK top 10 for Medicine by the Guardian University Guide.
This additional ranking is further evidence of the upward trajectory the Medical School is taking by being featured in the top ten of three independent league tables;
- 3rd place by the Complete University Guide 2018, - only beaten by Oxford and Cambridge
- 9th for Medicine by the Guardian University Guide 2018
- 9th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
It is not just teaching where we are excelling; the Medical School also enjoyed great success in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF2014);
- Joint 1st in the UK for Research Environment
- 2nd in the UK for overall Research Quality
Professor Keith Lloyd, Dean of Swansea University Medical School, said “It is becoming clear that our medical school is consistently appearing in the UK top ten across a range of measures. This superb performance reflects all the hard work and achievement of staff and students across all our courses, research and innovation.”
In the overall Guardian University Guide 2018 rankings, Swansea University is now ranked at 45, with six subjects including medicine making the top 10.
To read how the university did across all its subject areas visit the university website; http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media-centre/latest-news/guardianuniversityguideputsswanseauniversityintop20forwiderangeofsubjects.php
For more on the Guardian University Guide 2018, and details of its methodology visit: https://www.theguardian.com/education/universityguide
- Friday 19 May 2017 11.11 GMT
- Thursday 25 May 2017 10.47 GMT
- Emma Turner