The reigning Show Choir singers from Swansea University will be defending their title when the annual competition returns to the stage this Sunday.
Masters of Show Choir - the UK's university show choir and glee club competition – returns to the Arts Theatre in London for one night only on Sunday 26th March!
This is the 6th year of the annual competition and will see the choir from Swansea University take on Warwick, Cambridge, Royal Holloway, Sussex, Newcastle and Portsmouth as they battle it out in a bid to be crowned Masters of Show Choir.
The first Masters of Show Choir was held at Royal Holloway, University of London in March 2012 and was won by Cambridge University. Each choir has 10 minutes to show off their singing and dancing skills, and must perform a section of a cappella and at least one number from the ‘Challenge Genre’ – which this year is ‘Songs from the Stage’.
This year’s set lists are packed full of hits from pop acts such as Ed Sheeran, Adele and One Republic to musicals including Hamilton, Dreamgirls and Rent - making for a competition that is hotter than ever and not to be missed!
This year's competition will be judged by world-renowned singer and vocal coach Yvie Burnett (The X Factor, America’s Got Talent, Let It Shine), West End star James Darch (Wicked, Mamma Mia, Cats), and dancer and choreographer Holly Noble (Sadler’s Wells, English National Ballet, Glastonbury).
The show will also feature a special guest performance from the internet-famous, contemporary show choir The Adam Street Singers.
Masters of Show Choir is proud to be supporting Mind – the mental health charity – in memory of a past competitor who sadly passed away recently.
Performance: Sunday 26th March 2016 @ 7pm (Doors at 6.30)
- About Masters of Show Choir - Following the launch of the hit American TV show Glee in 2009, there was a marked rise in the popularity of Glee Clubs and Show Choirs on both sides of the Atlantic. Having started a show choir at their own university, Angus Wyatt and Tom Kitney went on the hunt for fellow show choirs at universities around the UK with the hope of starting a competition. Website: www.mastersofshowchoir.co.uk.
- For more information about Music at Swansea University go to http://www.swansea.ac.uk/music/.
- Tuesday 21 March 2017 11.04 GMT
- Tuesday 21 March 2017 11.08 GMT
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295050