Next week, the achievements of around 1,800 Swansea University students will be celebrated at the University’s annual winter degree ceremonies.
The ceremonies will be held at the University’s Great Hall at the Bay Campus from Monday 8 January until Wednesday 10 January, where undergraduate and postgraduate students who have successfully completed their studies since July 2017, will receive their degrees.
Students will be joined by their families and friends, University officials, academic staff, representatives of the Students’ Union, civic officers and local dignitaries.
The degrees will be received by graduands from:
- The College of Arts and Humanities, the Department of Adult Continuing Education (DACE), the College of Engineering, the College of Science, and Swansea University Medical School on Monday.
- The School of Management and the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law on Tuesday.
- The College of Human and Health Sciences on Wednesday.
Professor Richard B. Davies, vice-chancellor of Swansea University, said: “Our degree and award congregations are the happiest occasion in the academic year. I would like to offer my warmest congratulations to our students graduating this year and I wish them every success for the future.
“We have a proud history of equipping students for exceptional personal and professional achievement since 1920. I hope this year’s graduates will be able to take a continuing pride in Swansea University, as we continue to build upon the phenomenal success of recent years”.
Each ceremony will be livestreamed on our website.
- Thursday 4 January 2018 16.23 GMT
- Friday 5 January 2018 10.29 GMT
- Catrin Newman