Incredible value for money!

Slower paced courses start at only £80 for the year (Welsh for the Family £70/£40 concession rate - see below  for further details) The faster paced Combi and Dwys courses  even better value, only £120 for the entire course/year, £60 concession rate - see below  for further details). 

The Mynediad Plus course is the best value of all £90 for 9 hours a week!

How to pay

There are a number of different means of payment, card, cheque payable to ‘Swansea University’ or cash. You can even spread the cost and make two payments at the start and mid-course.


You may apply for a concession on your course fee during enrolment if you are currently a full-time student, a pensioner or recieve one of the benefits listed below (you will need to provide documented proof).

Personal Independence Payment

  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Council Tax Reduction
  • Carers Allowance
  • Universal Credit

Several types of benefits are currently being replaced with the introduction of the new Universal Credit scheme. These include:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Housing Benefit
  • Working Tax Credit

However if you still receive one of these benefits, you can also currently apply for a concessionary rate. Please contact the office for more details on how to apply: 01792 60 20 70  or 

The fee should not be a barrier to Learning Welsh

We have schemes to help people who wish to learn Welsh but have difficulties paying the fees, or need help to cover the cost of travel, childcare or course materials. Please contact the office for further details. 

The National Centre for Learning Welsh administer a Learning Fund to assist some learners from across Wales with particular costs that directly relate to their attending of Welsh classes. These costs can include: 

  • childcare; 
  • travelling to class; 
  • learning resources;
  • examination fees or 
  • support relating to a disability. 

Should you wish to submit an application, you should fill the  Cronfa Ddysgu / Learning Fund application form and send it to: 

Acting Finance Officer,

The National Centre for Learning Welsh,

College Road,


SA31 3EP

or email the filled form to:

The staff at the Centre will assess each application and a decision made on a case-by-case basis. Further details will also be available on the Centre’s website