Why pursue your Masters in Law degree with us?
The College of Law and Criminology is a thriving academic environment committed to excellence in teaching and research, which provides an exceptional student experience.
Swansea is a city with longstanding maritime tradition. We offer a wide range of LLM degrees in the areas of Commercial, Maritime, Trade, Oil and Gas and Intellectual Property Law.
LLM in International Maritime Law
LLM in International Trade Law
LLM in International Commercial Law
LLM in International Commercial and Maritime Law
LLM in Oil and Gas Law
LLM Intellectual Property & Commercial Practice
- You will study in a professional but friendly environment which attracts students from the Far East, Middle East, Asia, South East Asia, Africa, America and Europe
- You will be taught by outstanding academics at the forefront of scholarship in their areas of expertise, which they combine with skilled and innovative teaching. This bridges the gap between academia and practice, as evidenced by the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey.
- Students can take part in extracurricular activities such as mooting and summer schools abroad.
- You will be eligible for exemptions from the professional qualifying exams of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- If you successfully complete the International Commercial Arbitration module, you will be eligible to apply for exemption from level 2 education requirements of CIArb membership allowing you to apply to be awarded the level of Member of the Institute or MCIArb.
- The Department offers pastoral support and free English language classes to help you improve your critical legal thinking and writing.
- We also enjoy close links with the legal practice and other elements of the shipping and business sectors, operating a wide variety of professional courses for directors, managers and employees of shipping corporations and organisations, such as BIMCO , as well as a bespoke training programme for young solicitors working in City law firms.
- The Department also organises a wide range of employability initiatives, such as talks to develop our postgraduate law students' employability skills, guest lectures, an annual LLM Career Fair, networking events and visits to leading enterprises within the City of London.
- Swansea LLM alumni are particularly well placed in the job market all over the world.