Institute Promoted Research
The IISTL promotes research into key issues of importance in international shipping and trade law, through the activities of its individual members, as well as on a collective basis. Chief among these initiatives is the busy programme of colloquia and symposia on contemporary developments organised by the Institute. Smaller research seminars are also convened, where guest speakers are invited to address the Institute staff and guests. PhD students and visiting fellows are also given an encouraging and supportive platform to present work in progress and to play a full role in the academic discourse within the IISTL. The Institute also embraces interdisciplinary research and welcomes the participation of specialists from other disciplines. The IISTL Research Library also provides an outstanding body of research materials for its members and visiting scholars to consult.
Contemporary Research of Members
- Professor Simon Baughen is currently writing a book on civil liabilities emerging from offshore installations.
- Associate Professor George Leloudas is working on an edited volume on liabilities in air law.
- Associate Professor Theodora Nikaki is working on a book that will evaluate the legal regime relating to multimodal transport.
- Professor Baris Soyer is currently working on an edited book on lex petrolia and a number of articles in insurance law.
- Professor Andrew Tettenborn is currently working on a book on offshore liabilities.
- Professor Rhidian Thomas is currently working on a book analysing ship arrest.
- Professor Richard Williams is currently working on the 5th edition of Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims.
- Mr Von Longchem is currently working on a book on maritime delimitation issues.