What can we do for your organisation?
The IISTL works closely with all relevant sectors of shipping, commerce and related professions, serving the training needs of shipping organisations and the City of London. It prides itself on being responsive to the needs of practice and industry by designing and convening relevant and tailor-made professional courses. Services available include:
- In-house training for new appointees and trainees
- Updating directors, senior managers and experienced employees
- Updating solicitors and partners who may also require CPD points
- Providing seminars and conferences on new developments
- Providing seminars and conferences on matters of particular interest to the firm, company or entity
- Providing assistance to firms, companies and other entities in providing presentations to clients and other third parties; and
- Consultancy services.
The IISTL has a strong group of specialist academics with an awareness of the needs of industry and the professions. It is well-positioned to respond to the individual requirements of law firms, commercial bodies and public and private sector institutions across a range of specialist subjects including:
- Carriage of goods by sea
- International sale contracts
- Payments and finance in international trade
- Marine and non-marine insurance
- Marine liabilities
- Enforcement of maritime claims (liens, ship arrest)
- Conflict of laws
- Marine environmental law and law of the sea.
To discuss the contribution the Institute could make to your organisation, please email the Director, Professor B Soyer.