What we do
The Institute of International Shipping and Trade Law (IISTL) was founded in 2000 as a specialist research and professional training centre within the College of Law and Criminology to promote:
- Institutional, collaborative and individual research of excellence in shipping and international trade law
- Effective, innovative, contextual, contemporary and intellectually stimulating teaching in shipping and international trade law
- Strong links with the legal profession, insurance world, arbitration, trading organisations and shipping industry
- Collaborative relationships with specialist academic centres and apposite national and international organisations
- Joint ventures and other forms of co-operation; and
- The generation of income and other forms of external support and sponsorship to aid the objectives of the Institute.