The Cyber Network Conference (#CNC17) will take place on 11-12 September 2017 at the College of Law & Criminology, Swansea University.
The Cyber Network Conference is an interdisciplinary event that brings together new researchers of cyberspace. It will offer PhD and Early Career Researchers from across the UK, the opportunity to share their research in a supportive environment and develop new avenues for collaboration.
The organising team welcomes contributions from across four themes:
- Security & Privacy: the impact of new technologies on security and privacy for governments, businesses and individuals;
- Health & Social Care: how technology impacts on health and social care;
- Services & Goods: the role of technology to facilitate access to, and provision of services and goods; and,
- Participation & Space: digital technologies and their impact on social inclusion, democracy and attachment to physical places.
The event will offer participants the opportunity to share their research with others through a variety of mediums. These include:
- Presenting your research (or brainstorm a research idea) during one of the breakout sessions;
- Exhibiting a research poster as part of the poster competition; and,
- Presenting a 3 minute ‘pecha-kucha’ style presentation and entering the respective competition at the Research Café.
This event is funded by an Inter and Cross-disciplinary Small Grant from the ESRC Wales DTP and organised by emerging researchers hoping to create a strong collegiate network of people researching the cyber-sphere in years to come.
If you are interested in participating, please fill in this Expression of Interest Form.