The College is made up of the Undergraduate Legal Studies Department (including Professional Legal Studies), Postgraduate Legal Studies Department and Criminology. Our mission is to:
- Engender and support research of world-leading and international quality
- Provide an outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate student experience
- Raise the profile of Law within the Academy and beyond, and
- Act as one of the drivers of the regional knowledge economy.
The strategic aims of the College are to:
- Maintain and develop a reputation as a leading research college
- Recruit high quality domestic and overseas students
- Produce well-educated and employable graduates and postgraduates
- Recruit well-qualified and motivated research students to develop our strong postgraduate research culture
- Achieve the highest external recognition and accreditation for our educational programmes
- Develop and deliver an attractive portfolio of market-led academic programmes, and
- Recruit the highest quality academic and administrative staff to support these aims.