Information Security Advice
Protect your Information
You can help to protect your information and keep the University network and systems secure at the same time. Members of the University have an obligation to protect their information and that of others. Therefore, all staff and students must adhere to the University Computer Regulations and Janet Acceptable Use Policy. The University's detailed security policy can be found here.
Important Advice to follow:
- You will never be asked for your password by email or otherwise.
- If you get a suspicious email never respond to it or click any links. Please seek advice first.
- Make use of strong passwords that will not be easily guessed.
- Keep software up to date by running updates and use anti-virus software.
- Be cautious what websites you visit and enter personal information into. Make sure they are legitimate.
- Maintain regular backups of important data.
Need Help or Advice?
If you think your information or computer equipment may have been compromised in any way, please seek help and advice. Even if you are unsure how to respond to an email asking you for information or your computer is behaving strangely, please seek advice before you make a mistake that could cost money or set you back hours of time.
Customer Services are available to assist you with any question you have in regard to the security of your information.