LIC Opening Hours 15th -24th December 2014
Scroll down for details of the services that are available when service desks at the Library and Information Centre are closed and it is open for self service only.
|Day||Building Open||Service Desks|
|Monday - Thursday||8am - 10pm||9am - 4.45pm|
|Friday||8am - 10pm||9am - 4.45pm|
|Saturday||8am - 10pm||12 noon - 4.45pm|
|Sunday||8am - 10pm||CLOSED|
***Please note that the Library will close at 5pm on Christmas Eve, 24th December. It will be closed on 25th and 26th December and will re-open at 8am on 27th December***
**Items borrowed for the vacation will be due on 7th Jan - see Vacation Loans Christmas 2014
*The service desks will be closed from 9am-10am on Tuesday mornings for staff training*
Computer use ends half an hour before the library closes.
Future Opening Hours
See panel on the left of this page.
When the library is open for Self Service only...
- Borrow and renew most books using the self-issue machines
- Pay fines and fees of £5 or more by credit/debit card at the self-issue machines.
- Return books using the self-return unit
- Renew and reserve books via iFind Discover, the library catalogue. (During the Summer vacation you cannot reserve books)
- Use the networked PCs and laptops
- Have access to books, journals, DVDs and all other items in the main collection
But you can't:
- Use the Short loan and Theses collections (although overnight loan books are available from the open shelves).
- Pay fines by cash or under £5.
- Issue out books if you owe fines
- Have the assistance of library staff for subject work
- Collect reserved books and items
- Place or pick up Inter-Library Loan requests