ISS Training: for the university community
Sessions for staff
- Training sessions for staff and researchers. Take a look at our current programme.
- Tailor made sessions for your department on library topics, either for staff or students, can also be arranged by contacting your subject librarian.
- You can also arrange to see the e-learning team for advice on use of Blackboard or ways to use technology in your teaching. E-mail email@example.com
Programme for postgraduates
- ISS provides some of the sessions which make up the research postgraduate training programme at the university - details of the sessions run by ISS staff are available here.
- We also run EndNote workshops which are open to all postgraduates.
- Staff can arrange tailor made library sessions for masters students or other groups of postgraduates by contacting their subject librarian.
- Students can also arrange a one to one appointment with their subject librarian to discuss resources for their literature search, referencing etc.
Training for students
- ISS run drop in sessions, for example, on referencing, EndNote web and managing your online reputation which any student can attend.
- We organise an induction programme through colleges to introduce new students to library and IT services.
- Subject librarians will provide tailored training for students if requested by academic staff.
- Subject librarians also provide one to one help to students who need advice on finding journal articles and information for projects or on how to reference.
The careers service run training sessions on writing your CV, interview technique, making a good impression, finding information on employers etc. as well as careers fairs. Make the most of your time here to build your skills for the future. Further information is available on the careers web site.