ISAS International Student Advisory Service

Important visa information

  • UK Visas and Immigration has introduced a BRP card for all students issued with a visa for more than six months outside the UK.  Swansea University ACL code is 2HE544. Find out more... 
  • There is a new Immigration Health Surcharge for Tier 4 visas, find out more ... 
  • If you are applying to extend your Tier 4 visa in the UK, you may need to attend an interview in the UK,read more ... 

Visas and Immigration

Information about how to apply for a UK visa, visa information for dependants and visas for other countries.


How many hours can I work?

What is a national insurance number and how can I get one?

What work visas can I apply for after studies?

Financial Matters

Find out more about opening a bank account, cost of living and other financial issues.

International Development Office (IDO)

For information about how to apply for a course at Swansea University, tuition fees and what scholarships are available to new applicants, find out more from the International Development Office (IDO).

International Handbook

Our handbook includes information about visas, living in Swansea and advice for bringing families.

Pre Arrival Information

Information about the Heathrow Meet & Greet service in September, orientation and Welcome, and enrolment.


Life in Swansea

Find out more about living in Swansea, including information for families.