Swansea University is a popular destination for Chevening Scholars and we are very pleased to support this scholarship programme.
What are Chevening Scholarships?
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential.
- Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
- There are over 44,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- For further information, please refer to the Chevening website.
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Chevening Scholarships are for talented professionals who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
- More than 1,500 scholarships are available for the 2016/2017 academic year.
How can I apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships opened on 3 August 2015. The application closing date is 3 November 2015 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country webpages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas.
Researching your course before applying for a Chevening Scholarship is essential. See here for information about Swansea University’s taught Masters courses: www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/