USA Visa Information
Once you have been accepted by your host institution you will be able to apply of either a J1 or a F1 Visa.
Your acceptance pack your host will include either a DS2019 form for a J1 Visa or I20 form for a F1 Visa.
There are six steps involved in obtaining your Visa:
- Receive either a DS2019 or I20 form from your host university
- Pay SEVIS fee online- $180 (approx £122) (J1 applicants) $200 (F1 applicants), this can be completed here.
- Complete DS160 Visa application form- the form can be found here.
- Book an Embassy appointment- Create an account and pay non-immigrant visa application (MRV) fee $160 (approx£112) and schedule appointment
- Attend the interview- please check the documents required for an F1 visa and a J1 visa
- Visa is granted
Please note that the cost of a student visa and medical insurance can vary depending on host institution.
As part of the application process, your host institution will provide you with information about any visa requirements. International students can also seek further advice from Swansea University's International Student Advisory Service (ISAS).