On campus- UNM offers a variety of accommodation options for students who wish to live on campus. You will find more information about each of the residence halls on the UNM Housing website. Prices for on-campus accommodation range from $489/month for a double-occupancy room to $629/month for a single studio apartment with bathroom en-suite. You may stay in on-campus accommodation for either the full academic year or for one semester. Students who are coming to UNM for only one semester are especially encouraged to consider living on campus, as short-term housing can be more difficult to find off campus.
A note for one-semester students:
- If you are coming for only spring semester, limited one-semester housing contracts are available.
- If you are coming for only fall semester, you must sign a housing contract for the full academic year. It is then your responsibility to cancel your contract at the appropriate time. To do this, you must submit a Contract Release Form no later than November 30th to the SRC Commons 24-hour Customer Service Desk. Your Resident Assistant, the Housing Office, and the Global Education Office can help you with this process, but we cannot release you from your contract if you neglect to do this. If you do not turn in this form, you will be responsible for paying the additional rent.
- Casas del Rio and Lobo Village are operated by a private company that is not affiliated with UNM Housing, and you will be responsible for taking care of your semester lease with them before you sign the contract.
Off campus - There is a moderate amount of inexpensive off-campus housing near the university. Students often find an apartment or a rental house to share with other students. The quality of off-campus housing varies and it is important to see an apartment or house in-person before committing to it.
Off-campus housing listings:
- UNM Off-Campus Housing Office
- World Student Alliance Facebook Page
- Daily Lobo Classifieds
We recommend that you wait until you arrive in Albuquerque before signing any off-campus housing contracts so that you can inspect the properties and see what options are available to you. There is great demand for apartments near campus before each semester. If you will be looking for off-campus housing, especially in the fall semester, we recommend that you arrive at least a few weeks before the semester begins so you will have more options.