Exchange students have the option of living on or off campus. It is recommended that students who are over the age of 21 consider living off-campus or applying to live in an on-campus apartment. Exchange students can apply to live in any of the Residence Halls and are encouraged to do so. Most residence hall rooms are shared with another student. On-campus housing at CSU is extremely competitive. It is important to complete the online housing application early if you would like to secure a room on campus.
Contracts for living on campus are for the academic year. Exchange students staying for the fall semester only will have to pay a $350 fee to break the contract mid-semester. Additionally, an early move in fee is charged to students who arrive before the official move it date. Exchange students are required to attend orientation the week before classes begin. Typically, exchange students will need to move into the halls 3 days early. The current early move in rate is $55/day. A per day fee is also charged to students who wish to remain in the residence halls for Fall break and/or Spring break.
• All students living within the residence halls are required to have a meal plan.
• Single rooms are limited. Exchange students might share with an American roommate or another international student.
• Placement in a specific residence hall cannot be guaranteed, but preferences should be stated in the online application.
• Some halls unofficially offer rooms/floors for older students, such as Newsom Hall, Aspen Hall and Summit Hall. Some have an academic theme or focus (see below).
• Some halls offer floors/rooms for specific learning communities.
• Many of the students living within residence halls are freshmen (typically 18-19 years old), who are required to live on-campus for first year; but many older American and international students live within the residence halls too. Exchange students generally fit within the category of “Transfer and Returning Students” on the CSU housing website.
More information can be found on their website: http://educationabroad.colostate.edu/housing-accommodation-information/