All exchange students are required to live on-campus and share room with a non-exchange student during the entire period of study at Lingnan.
Students are required to live on campus and share room with a non-exchange student during the entire period of study at Lingnan. All the rooms are on twin-sharing basis and are generally sex-segregated on each floor. Exchange students will live in a residence hall with Lingnan students.
A Standard Student Room (Twins-sharing) Each exchange student shares an air-conditioned student room, at approximately 110 sq ft, with another student and is furnished with:
- Desk and chair
- Single bed (6’ long)¹
- Free LAN service connected to the University’s network system
- Free electricity
Linen Set - For exchange students, you can choose to bring your own linen or buy a new set from us (including a pillow, a pillow case, a bed sheet and a comforter). Please indicate your preference in the Online Application System. Late requests may not be entertained.
Facilities of Student Hostels
- Restrooms and showers shared by all the floor occupants
- Common lounge
- Pantry on each floor, with boilers, microwave ovens and refrigerators
- Game room
- Multi-purpose room
- Committee room
- Free public telephones (international call services not provided) at the lift lobby on each floor
- Laundry area with washing machine and dryers
- Telephone available at the common area
For further information about hostel facilities, please refer to the Handbook for Student Resident of our Student Services Centre.