Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)

Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)

UK Visas and Immigration UKVI introduced the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa on 6 April 2012.  A maximum of twenty Swansea University  graduates in any other degree subject per year (from April) will be able to get this visa. You can find out more by reading our  Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur leaflet

In order to apply for the visa, you will have to be sponsored by Swansea University.  The university will consider sponsoring you under this visa if your business plan meets all the University's requirements.  If you have a business idea which you think you might like to develop, please contact the Enterprise Support Officer, David Bolton on d.r.bolton@swansea.ac.uk. 

To see a flowchart which explains the whole Graduate Entrepreneur process see Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur flowchart

Please note that if you have previously held a Tier 1 Post Study Work visa you will not be able to apply for this visa. 

View our recorded seminar by clicking on the right hand side of the page. The seminar consists of three parts

  1. Career Planning and Employability
  2. How to apply for the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa
  3. Business ideas, business plans, dos and don'ts!

Please contact us in person at CampusLife, Keir Hardie Building or by email: International.CampusLife@swansea.ac.uk if you are interested in applying for this visa.   

In the meantime, if you think you might like to apply to remain in the UK with this visa, you must make sure you have enough money in your bank account to be able to apply. 

  • If you apply for the visa in the UK, you will have to show that you have held £945 in the bank for 90 days
  • If you apply for the visa from outside the UK, you will need to show that you have held £1,890 in the bank for 90 days.
  • If you have dependants, you will need to show more money in the bank.  ISAS can advise you about this question.

For the full UKVI policy guidance on this visa, please click here

For further information about other work visas, see