General information for families

Information on bringing your family to the UK, employment, childcare and healthcare

If you would like to bring your spouse and children to the UK, please see the "Information for families" section in the International Student Handbook. It includes information about family accommodation as well as information about school education for children, employment and healthcare for your family members.

For further information about visas for your family, please see our Tier 4 Dependants ‌section.  

You can also use the "Bringing your family" section of the UKCISA website to find further detailed advice and information. 

EEA family members

If you and your spouse are European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss nationals, you can find out more about your entitlements from the UKCISA website.

Council Tax

Dependants of international students are not normally be liable for paying Council Tax. However, dependants of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals may sometimes be liable for paying Council Tax. At the same time, they may also be eligible for the Council Tax Benefit.

For more information about Council Tax for students and their dependants, see the information on the UKCISA website