Postgraduate Courses in the Department of Interprofessional Health Studies
The Department of Interprofessional Health Studies currently offer the following Postgraduate Courses.
|MA Medical Law and Ethics||Hugh Upton|
MA Medical Law and Ethics.
The Medical Law and Ethics master’s degree provides an opportunity to examine the structure and operation of the legal system in England and Wales, to look critically at the real life impact of law on practice within the medical care system and to do this in the context of an understanding of the ethical problems that arise in medicine.
Teaching and Employability;
- Teaching takes place in 3 or 4 day blocks rather than weekly attendance
- Run by research active staff with significant experience of study and teaching in this area
- A relevant UK degree (usually of grade 2:2 or above)
- Or a period of professional experience in a relevant field
- Philosophy, Ethics and Medicine
- The Boundaries of Life
- Introduction to Law and Medicine
- Patients, Professionals and the Law
- Mental Health, Mental Capacity and the Law
To find out more about the MA in Medical Law and Ethics; who should apply, tutition fees, course structure and more, visit the course page here.