International Visa Support Letters

Bay Library

If you are an international student and wish to invite relatives or friends to attend your graduation congregation, your guests may need to apply for visitor visas at a British Embassy or High Commission where they live. A number of documents will be needed to support the visa application.


We can provide a visa support letter that confirms:

  • that you are a graduate of Swansea University
  • that you have been invited to attend a Graduation Congregation
  • that you are eligible to apply for guest tickets

We cannot confirm the names of your guests in the letter.

International Visa Support Letters In order for your family members/friends to visit you in the UK and attend the congregation, you will need to 'sponsor' them.

Please visit for more information.

If you would like a visa support letter please contact