Swansea University’s vision is to be a research-led University of international quality.
In order to fulfil this mission and deliver on its strategic objectives, the University needs to offer an outstanding student and staff experience by providing an environment in which teaching, research, innovation, recreation and business activities can flourish within a modern and sustainable estate.
The Estates & Facilities Management Directorate
The Estates & Facilities Management Directorate assists the University in fulfilling its strategic aims through the careful planning, management and maintenance of the physical estate and delivering a wide range of essential services which impact daily on campus users and stakeholders; from staff and students to visitors and contractors.
The Directorate is organised into three focused and functionally aligned sections:
- Commercial, Sport & Campus Services
- Estate Services
- Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Services
Estates & Facilities Management – An Award Winning Team
Employing over 300 staff across two campuses, we are a multi-disciplinary team which works together to deliver an exceptional environment in which students and staff alike can work, study and explore.
We are an award winning team which is proud of its many successes.
Recent achievements include:
- 2016 AUDE Awards - Team of the Year
- Guardian University Awards 2016 - Advancing Staff Equality Award
- 2016 LABC Awards - Energy Safety Research Institute - Bay Campus
- 2016 BREAM Awards Finalists - Energy Safety Research Institute - Bay Campus
- Green Gown Awards 2016 - Finalist in three categories including the Built Environment
- Winner of the Guardian University Awards 2016 - Advancing Staff Equality
- RISC Awards Wales 2016 - Design Through Innovation, Energy Safety Research Institute
- Considerate Constructor Bronze Award 2013 - ILS2
- Gold Level Welsh Travel Plan Award (October 2015)
- 'First Class' in Guardian published Green League (in 2014 and 2015)
- Swansea in Bloom Awards 2016 - Gold