Deadlines for research enrolment
For the Quarter 1 research candidature (start date 1st October) browse the main enrolment and induction web site for your dates and instructions.
For all other research intakes, see instrucions and deadlines below:
- Quarter 2 research candidature start date 1st January: Winter enrolment period 11/Dec/2017 until 15/Jan/2018.
- Quarter 3 research candidature start date 1st April: Spring enrolment period 19/Mar/2018 until 16/Apr/2018.
- Quarter 4 research candidature start date 1st July: Summer enrolment period 18/Jun/2018 until 16/Jul/2018.
Preparations for enrolment
Sort out your tuition fees:
- If your employer, trust, council or embassy is paying towards your fees, send us a Confirmation of Sponsorship form or a letter from your sponsor by post to: "Student Records Office, Singleton Abbey, Swansea University, SA2 8PP" or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the University or College is paying towards your fee, make sure your bursary has been authorised when you enrol (members of staff send us your Staff bursary or Research Assistant bursary form)
- Otherwise you need to make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.
Paying your bills
- If you rely on a bursary, scholarship, grant or loan to pay your bills, please note the first payment is made after you enrol and may not be in your bank account by the 1st day of the month. To avoid going overdrawn, we advise direct debits/making regular payments after the 7th day of the month.
- If you have not received a University maintenance payment you were expecting, please contact the Finance Payments section.Enrolment steps you must complete
If you are a new international non-EU student, pick up your BRP card and gister your passport and visa in person and then enrol online.
If you are a continuing international non-EU student, register your passport and visa in person and then enrol online.
If you are a UK or EU student then enrol online:
- To enrol online, login to the intranet with your six-digit student number and University passwordReview and correct your details on each tab and click "Next"
- If you are self funding, during online enrolment you will need to pay your fees by card or set up a direct debit (For alternative methods of payment browse How to pay fees)
- On the final tab tick the boxes adjacent to the declaration statements and click "I agree" to complete your enrolment
If you could not complete enrolment online, browse our Online Enrolment FAQ or contact the MyUniHub.
- Contact your main supervisor to confirm you have enrolled and discuss the next step of your work plan.
- In your College, collect course materials and if necessary, make arrangements to return departmental forms e.g. health & safety for laboratory work.
- Refer to your supervisor and College about attending induction events or training modules.
University ID card
You must be enrolled and provide proof of identity, for example, a passport, driving licence or other photo id before your card is issued.
- Pick up your new University ID card from the Library
- If you did not upload a photo then you can drop off a colour passport sized photo with your name and student number written on the back in order to produce your card.