Interested in an Engineering taster session at your school?
We offer the following taster sessions for your school:
- BLOODHOUND SSC
- Materials Live!
- Services for prospective students, their teachers and advisers
Find out more information on any of these below:
BLOODHOUND for Schools
Now your school can join the supersonic adventure by booking one of our FREE interactive STEM assembly/classroom shows or half-day rocket car workshops. Download the Bloodhound for Schools by Swansea University
To request more information or to arrange a visit please contact the College of Engineering on 01792 606744 or email BloodhoundforSchools@swansea.ac.uk
Inspiration in Materials Science and Engineering
We provide FREE curriculum tied activities in smart materials, suitable for key stages 2-4 and A level. Activities include seminars, interactive workshops and exhibits. Download the Materials Live!
To request more information or to arrange a visit please contact Bruce Rogers on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services for prospective students, their teachers and advisers
We offer a visiting speaker programme to schools and colleges on subject specific topics, which includes and is not restricted to:
- Studying Engineering at university – the different disciplines available
- A student’s view on studying Engineering at university – this talk will be given by one of our current student ambassadors
- Graduate careers in Engineering – overview of opportunities available and will include specific case studies
- Year 10 talk – choosing Science and Mathematics A levels and the university degrees they can lead to
- We may also be able to offer lectures on specific topics to support the A level curriculum - please contact us for details
Please contact Bruce Rogers from the College of Engineering by emailing email@example.com or calling 01792 295514.
The College of Engineering runs bespoke taster days and visits on the Swansea University campus. They are designed to give year 10-12 students information about studying Engineering at university and to help them make informed subject choices for both sixth form and university applications. Each day or visit is run to meet the requirement of the school/college and typically includes:
- Sample lectures/taster practical sessions on a range of topics
- Opportunity to meet current students and hear about their study experiences
- Guided tour of the Swansea University campus
- Sessions usually last between 1.5 hours and 5 hours within the school day
There is no charge for these sessions, but we can only offer limited availability throughout the year. For further information and to express your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 295514.
Student ambassador visits
When researching their Higher Education options, prospective applicants find the advice and guidance of current students invaluable. We can arrange for one of our current students to visit your School or College and contribute to your Higher Education programme by speaking to students.
To discuss this further or request a visit, please email email@example.com or call 01792 295514.
Events for teachers
Swansea University's Student Recruitment Office arranges an annual conference for teachers and advisers, featuring speakers from a range of external organisations. For further details about forthcoming events contact: B.M.Clark@swansea.ac.uk
If your interest is specifically in Engineering we can arrange a bespoke visit programme for you and your colleagues. To discuss your requirements please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 295514.