Why pursue an EngD at Swansea University?
Swansea is recognised as one of the UK’s leading universities for engineering.
All our activities are driven and underpinned by world leading research, as recognised by the recent Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, which ranks Engineering at Swansea as 10th in the UK for the combined score in research quality across the Engineering disciplines.
The REF shows that 94% of research produced by our academic staff is of World-Leading (4*) or Internationally Excellent (3*) quality. This has increased from 73% in the 2008 RAE.
Research pioneered at the College of Engineering harnesses the expertise of academic staff within the department. This ground-breaking multidisciplinary research informs our world-class teaching with several of our staff leaders in their fields.
The EngD is a flagship project of the Engineering Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), which part-funds our EngD programmes. The ESPRC select to fund prestigious institutions, who are pursuing excellence in research and have good industry contacts.
All EngD’s at Swansea come with a generous tax free bursary and all tuition fees are fully paid by the scheme.
You will also benefit from:
- Extending your knowledge and skills to become a future leader in industry
- Enhancing your career opportunities and prospects
- Gaining experience using the latest techniques through your own research project
- Developing your expertise through a range of taught modules
- Joining a network of fellow research engineers and industry contacts