Chemical Engineering at Swansea
From authoring definitive text books on chemical engineering to finding solutions to the world's water shortages, Swansea University has a proud tradition delivering pioneering innovative process engineering solutions.
Our engineering degrees build on established chemical engineering areas with application to energy, health, food, water and the environment.
One of our major strengths is our close and extensive involvement with local, national and international engineering companies, which includes:
- Acordis - Astra Zeneca - Avecia - BP Chemicals - Bulmers - Dow Corning - GlaxoSmithKline - Nestle - Murco - Phillips 66 - Unilever - Valero
Recent Year in Industry student placements have included the following companies:
- Dow Corning - Valero - Huntsman - Imerys - Murco - Solutia
- Most Cited Desalination Article since 2012 is co-authored by Swansea Engineering Professor and his team
- Eminent Swansea University Chemical Engineering Professor develops Self-Cleaning Membranes for Sustainable Desalination
- Brains behind membranes - Listen to Professor Nidal Hilal and staff from CWATER discuss their research with BBC Radio Wales' Science Cafe