Be part of our success
We’re proud of the success of our academic staff and graduates in helping to engineer our future.
With our world-class research, links with industry and outstanding facilities, we provide a great start to the future career of our staff and students.
We are involved in beating the world land-speed record, solving the world’s water shortages and collaborating with globally recognised companies. These are just some of the activities taking place here.
“The University proved to be an excellent base for both studying and celebrating success.” Michael Weberstadt, graduated with a First Class Honours degree and is now completing a PhD at Swansea University.
- Accredited degrees in a variety of engineering subjects
- £120 million in research funding received since 2008
- Outstanding teaching rated 5 star
- The National Student Survey also ranked Aerospace, Chemical, Materials and Mechanical in the Top 10.
- Aerospace, Environmental, Civil and Mechanical Engineering has been ranked in the Top 200 departments in the World (QS World University Rankings and Shanghai Global Rankings)
- Civil Engineering is ranked 10th in the UK (The Times Good University Guide)
- Aerospace Engineering is ranked 7th in the UK (The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2016)
- Materials Engineering is ranked 5th in the UK (The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2016) and in the Top 200 departments in the World (Shanghai Global Rankings)
- Sports Science ranked 12th in the UK (The Guardian University Guide 2017)
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 ranks Engineering at Swansea as 10th in the UK for the combined score in research quality across the Engineering disciplines.
- The Complete University Guide 2016 ranks our Research Quality as 7th in the UK with Aerospace, Chemical, Civil, Mechanical and Materials in the top 10.
We prepare our students for their future careers. This is recognised by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, which placed the General Engineering graduate prospects as 10th in the UK with Aerospace, Civil, Materials, Medical and Sports Science all appearing in the top 10 and for General Engineering students as third in the UK.
Interested in joining us? Find out about:
Find out how the College of Engineering helps with your career. Download our Engineering employability flyer