Be part of our success
We’re proud of the success of our academic staff and graduates in helping to engineer our future.
With our world-class research, links with industry and outstanding facilities, we provide a great start to the future career of our staff and students.
We are involved in beating the world land-speed record, solving the world’s water shortages and collaborating with globally recognised companies. These are just some of the activities taking place here.
“The University proved to be an excellent base for both studying and celebrating success.” Michael Weberstadt, graduated with a First Class Honours degree and is now completing a PhD at Swansea University.
- Accredited degrees in a variety of engineering subjects
- £120 million in research funding received since 2008
- Outstanding teaching rated 5 star
- Engineering is ranked 9th in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2018
- The National Student Survey also ranked Aerospace, Chemical, Materials and Mechanical in the Top 10.
- Aerospace, Environmental, Civil and Mechanical Engineering have been ranked in the Top 200 departments in the World (QS World University Rankings and Shanghai Global Rankings)
- Chemical Engineering joined the world's top 300 in 2017
- Materials Engineering is ranked 5th in the UK (The Times Good University Guide 2017) and in the Top 200 departments in the World (Shanghai Global Rankings)
- Sports Science ranked 8th in the UK and 1st for its Graduate Prospects (The Times Good University Guide 2017)
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 ranks Engineering at Swansea as 10th in the UK for the combined score in research quality across the Engineering disciplines.
- The Complete University Guide 2017 ranks our Research Quality as 7th
We prepare our students for their future careers. This is recognised by The Complete University Guide, which placed the General Engineering graduate prospects as 11th in the UK with Aerospace, Civil, Materials and Sports Science all appearing in the top 10.
College of Engineering was been awarded an Athena SWAN Bronze Award in October 2016, recognising a “solid foundation for eliminating gender bias and developing an inclusive culture that values all staff”. We are now focused on the delivery of our action plan including inclusivity events and meetings of the women’s network.
Interested in joining us? Find out about:
Find out how the College of Engineering helps with your career. Download our Engineering employability flyer