Resources on the Careers and Employability website
Career Journey Map
Visit the Career Journey Map Organization in Blackboard to download notes and promotional graphics relating to our new "My Careers Journey" resources.
Our website at http://myuni.swan.ac.uk/careers offers information about our various face-to-face and online services, and is also a gateway to a wide range of Careers advice, guidance and information portals. In broad terms, the information offered is structured to reflect the principles that underpin Careers Advisers’ professional practice.
Information on services covers:
- One-to-one appointments with Careers Advisers with online booking
- Events: The Careers Fair, employers’ presentations and workshops, and online booking for these
- The Swansea Employability Award – available to all current students
- Services for employers, including advertising vacancies and provision of interview facilities
- The GO Wales work experience programme
- Support and advice for academic staff involved in delivering Employability through the curriculum
- Internet-based information resources.
Career management/exploration resources cover the following areas:
- Developing employability, self-awareness and commercial awareness
- Exploring types of jobs
- Links to computer guidance software to help users match their skills and experience with potential career options that they may wish to explore further
- Understanding the job market and different employment sectors
- Finding jobs for after graduation, part-time jobs, finding jobs overseas, work experience opportunities, volunteering and also time out/gap year options
- Job search skills – understanding recruitment processes including writing CVs, making applications, networking, preparing for interviews, assessment centres and psychometric testing
- Postgraduate study and funding
- Diversity matters
- A dedicated section for international students