Why Swansea is a great place to live and study
There are so many reasons why Swansea is a great place to live and study. With a low cost of living and an excellent choice of accommodation options, Swansea is a great choice for international students. Find out why this safe university city is such a popular destination with international students and staff.
Easy To Reach
- Easy access to Cardiff, Bristol, and London airports
- Easy access to tourist destinations like Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, and London
An Amazing Location
- Swansea University has the amazing Singleton Park campus on the beach and our new Bay Campus, which opened in September 2015, is also located on the beach.
- Swansea is on the edge of The Gower, the UK’s first area of outstanding natural beauty and the location of Rhossili Beach, the third best beach in Europe.
- The university is located in a peaceful setting with places like Singleton Park behind the campus, and The Mumbles, a beautiful fishing village, is in walking distance.
A Healthy Lifestyle
We believe in the saying “a healthy mind in a healthy body”, and Swansea will certainly help to keep both in great shape. Choose from:
- Walks on coastal paths and follow the links to Gower and Swansea Bay
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Coasteering and climbing
- Watersports at 360 Swansea
Want to know more? The Visit Swansea Bay website is a great way to find out about things to do in Swansea
As a Swansea University student, you will enjoy a great social life and be able to take part in a wide choice of social events. These are some of the popular activities chosen by ELTS students:
- Visit local castles
- Watch the sun set over the Gower
- Go shopping
- Follow The Swans and The Ospreys, Swansea’s Premier League Football and International Rubgy teams based at the Liberty Stadium
- Visit Swansea Market, the largest indoor market in Wales and a great place to buy fresh food
- Visit Swansea’s museums and galleries
- Enjoy the city’s cafes and bars
- Enjoy Swansea’s great nightlife
- Find out about Swansea’s internationally famous poet, Dylan Thomas, whose centenary was celebrated in 2014