Course Code : 190
This session is aimed at anyone who needs to have a simple set of controls to manage the delivery of a small project.
This session is aimed at anyone who needs to have a simple set of controls to manage the delivery of a small project. Project management needs to be scaled to the size and risk of a project and this session is aimed at small or low risk projects which are to be delivered by someone with little or no project management experience. The approaches are also relevant for internally funded University projects which are to be delivered with minimum project management controls.
The session includes practical exercises and will cover:
- Simple project management approaches to starting, delivery and closure of projects
- Approaches to managing stakeholders
- Simple steps to create a project plan
- Techniques and key templates to manage the delivery of the project
- Hints and tips to efficiently gather and monitor project status
At the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the essential elements of project control suitable for a small project
- Be able to use some simple templates to help in managing a small project
How to Apply
To book a place via our online booking system please log into ABW using your Swansea username and password. You will need the course code to search for your chosen course outline and for forthcoming dates. A user guide can be found here.