Course code : 491
This module is part of our ENHANCED Leadership Programme for Grade 9, 10 and 11 Professional Services Leaders, and Academic Colleagues who are in Heads of College, Department or Director roles.
Purpose: Leaders who have the understanding and skills to enhance their strategic thinking and to formulate and implement writing with impact.
Thinking and acting more strategically is a critical leadership skill. This session is designed to challenge your thinking and to provide frameworks and tools that can be used right away to improve the quality of your strategic thinking and writing. There will be a focus on understanding where you are now, creating a clear vision of where you want to get to, what you have to do to get there, and how to convey this with impact.
This session will form part of the Enhanced Leadership Framework including:
- Communicating with Impact and Authority
- Change Leadership
And will be supported by our Change Toolkit for Leaders.
By the end of this workshop delegates will be better able to:
- Define what 'strategic' means
- Explore the relationship between outputs, outcomes and impact
- Identify strategic direction
- Analyse what Swansea University is, what it does, and why
- Explore your role as a Leader
- Clarify mission, vision, values and direction of travel
- Set strategic objectives and establish success criteria
- Practice communicating your strategic plan using agreed products to purposefully convey an evidence based message with clarity and impact
How to book
This programme is aimed at a specific leadership audience. Leaders in scope will be contacted directly to select dates.