Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
MBTI is a powerful, versatile personality type assessment that provides the foundations for a deep understanding of personal motivations and group interactions. It can be applied to multiple personal and work issues, revisited over time as new challenges arise.
In terms of management and leadership development there is clearly no one ideal ‘type,’ and nor should there be. Managers and leaders vary greatly in their styles and approaches. However a greater understanding of self, and how to adapt to meet the needs of situations and of people is often what distinguishes mediocrity from success. The MBTI can therefore help you in:
- Identifying inherent leadership potential
- Examining habits that may be limiting success
- Broadening views on how to become a more effective manager
- Stretching you to try new behaviours
- Tailoring a plan to improve your management and leadership whilst being true to your nature
Tools such as MBTI are used at the University on a highly individualised basis only. We will only allow these analyses to be conducted by Practitioners who are qualified to conduct, interpret and communicate the results.
For more information about the (MBTI), and how it could benefit you or your teams, please contact Development and Training Services