Taste of Higher Education Programme
- Do you want a Taste of Higher Education without committing to a degree programme?
- Are you interested in degree-level study, but don’t yet know which subject(s) you want to focus on?
- Do you want to experience what it is like to study at university with the benefit of extensive study skills provision?
- If so, then the Taste of Higher Education programme could be for you.
What is on offer?
- A choice of one or two subject modules at Level 4, from our Part-time BA Degree in Humanities programme.
- Extensive study skills provision, including general study skills, academic writing skills, research skills and study.
- Impartial careers and educational guidance.
Time commitment will depend on the subject module(s) you choose:
- Studying one 10 credit module from the Part-time BA Degree in Humanities programme will mean you need to attend a two hour lecture, once a week (October 2016 – December 2016 for 10 weeks).
- Studying one 20 credit module from the Part-time BA Degree in Humanities programme will mean you need to attend a two hour lecture, once a week (October 2016 – March 2017 for 20 weeks).
- If you decide to choose two subject modules, you will need to attend both lectures for two hours twice a week.
- If you meet the assessment criteria (i.e. attend 70% of classes and achieve over 40% in your written work) you will gain credits at HE Level 4.
- With satisfactory marks, you can use these credits to study further in Higher Education (HE) at Swansea University, DACE.
- No previous qualifications required.
Subjects offered (October 2016-March 2017):
- English Literature
- Media Studies
Free* under our fee waiver scheme if you choose up to 20 credits (*only available to eligible students)
BA Humanities Degree Brochure 2016 - see pages 54-55
How do I find out more? Come along to our one of our Information Days for an informal discussion with one of our staff or, contact Wendy Ore on 01792 602188, email email@example.com or Rachel Brimble on 01792 602211, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I enrol? Pre-enrolment is essential as all students will be interviewed before starting this programme. Contact Rachel Brimble email@example.com for an application form as soon as possible.