Research at DACE
The following projects are complete.
- OCN Wales Evaluation of the Appropriateness of Access to Higher Education Courses in Wales for Progression to Higher Education (£20,000 external funding).
- The Penderry Project A community education project, funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, that sought to contribute to the improvement of educational provision in the post-compulsory sector in an economically disadvantaged part of Swansea.
- The Evaluation of the Career Development Grant Initiative An evaluation project funded by the West Wales Training and Enterprise Council (TEC).
- The Evaluation of the Joblink Scheme An evaluation project funded by the West Wales TEC. Language Planning and Young Adults A project funded by the Commission of the European Communities and the Board of Celtic Studies.
- The Community University of the Valleys Partnership Project A research project funded by the University's Funding Council.
- Welsh and Young People A research project funded by the University's Funding Council.
- NOW - NO LIMIT (New Opportunities for Women - New Opportunities for Linguists in Management and Information Technology) Project: a two-year transnational European Social Fund project worked with a combination of local partners and European partners in Germany and Greece.
- Motivation, Efficiency and Lifelong Learning A project funded by the Lifelong Learning Foundation that investigated aspects of training in two multinational companies, two community enterprises and the Community University of the Valleys.
- Widening Access Professor Colin Trotman and Ms Heather Pudner engaged in the third phase of research for Universities UK assessing widening participation schemes and programmes across the higher education sector. This research was a ‘follow-on’ to ‘From Elitism to Inclusion: Good Practice in Widening Access to Higher Education’ (1998) and ‘Social Class and Participation’ (2002).
Further examples of their research in this and associated areas of widening participation can be seen in their personal profiles under ‘staff’.
- Arts Evaluation DACE was awarded funding by the City and Council of Swansea to undertake the evaluation of arts residencies in Swansea schools over a three-year period.
- A Comparative Study of Lifelong Learning in Appalachia (USA) and the South Wales Valleys A research project funded by the Lipman-Miliband Trust.
- Telematics for People with Disabilities A research project funded by the Lipman-Miliband Trust.
- The Connecting Communities Cymru Project An ERDF funded project which networks community centres with University of Wales Swansea Library and IT resources.
- The Knowledge, Attitudes and Behavioural Intentions of Under 14 Year-olds in Wales A research project funded by the Welsh Drug and Alcohol Unit.