Research at Swansea University endeavours to positively contribute to global societal challenges through the impact of its research.
Contributions from researchers, research groups, students and alumni have responded to a broad scope of fundamental and applied research within the fields of physical and environmental sciences, engineering, health, public policy and the arts.
These areas of research showcase many types of impact including economic, social, cultural and academic impact, where our global ambition is underpinned by our local and regional commitment.
In particular, Swansea University demonstrates impact of research through:
- Improved public services
- Improved quality of life
- Wealth creations, economic prosperity and regeneration
- Changing organisational culture and practices
- Attracting R&D investment
- Enhancing cultural enrichment
- Environmental sustainability, protection and impact
- Evidence based policy-making and influencing public policies
- Increasing public engagement with research and related societal issues