An easier, quicker and convenient way to submit your application
Your application can be saved at various points before being submitted: You have up to one week in which to complete and submit your application . An e-mail will be forwarded to you with details of how to return your application when the 'save my application' button is pressed.
Please do not submit your application without the necessary supporting documents, outlined below:
- Bachelor/Master's degree (or equivalent qualification) certificate, and transcript.
- If your degree is pending, then a transcript listing your modules undertaken to date would be advantageous. Please note that this is not compulsory.
- If you hold open references, then please submit with your application. Alternatively referees may forward references directly to the Admissions Office.
- If you wish to be considered on your age and experience (If aged over 25, and holding at least two years relevant work experience) then you should submit a work experience C.V. The C.V should include dates of employment, job titles, employment hours, and the nature/duties of your responsibilities.
- Any English Language certificates (i.e IELTS/TOEFL) if appropriate.
Any application not accompanied by these documents will be automatically withdrawn.
Details on how to track the progress of your application will be e-mailed to you upon submission of your application.
The On-Track application system is for All International and Postgraduate Candidates, with the exception of our Postgraduate Legal Practice Certificate, Graduate Diploma in Law, and Engineering EngD programmes. Our EngD programmes are only available to Home/UK Fees paying candidates due to funding and placement regulations. To make an application for the above Law programmes, please go to: www.lawcabs.ac.uk
- Course availability is subject to change and should be checked on our Undergraduate or Postgraduate course lists
Master's by Research programmes
Swansea University is pleased to launch a new range of Masters by Research programmes. A Masters by Research degree differs from a Taught Masters programme as the focus of the degree is pure research in the form of a dissertation, no taught modules are included in the programme.
We currently offer the following Master by Research programmes -
- MA by Research in American Studies
- MA by Research in Digital Humanities
- MA by Research in Digital Media
- MA by Research in International Development
- MA by Research in International Relations
- MA by Research in Media Studies
- MA by Research in Philosophy
- MA by Research in Politics
- MA by Research in War and Society
- MA by Research in Literary Translation
- MA by Research in Latin American Studies
- MA by Research in Screening/Staging Europe
- MA by Research in European Cultures
If you would like to apply electronically for an above Masters by Research programme then please click the link to the BETA on-line application test site below. Your application will then form part of the testing of Swansea University's new exciting on-line application system:
Alternatively if you would like to apply for an above Masters by Research programme by paper application then please request a Postgraduate application pack.