COMPLAINTS PROCEDURES FOR APPLICANTS
These procedures are to be followed when an applicant wishes to lodge a complaint concerning the University's handling of a query or an application for admission. *
- Complaints should be made in writing and referred, in the first instance, to the Admissions Officer.
- The Admissions Officer shall reply to the complainant stating that the complaint is being dealt with and that a full, written reply will be sent within 15 working days.
- The Admissions Officer shall refer the complaint to the appropriate Admissions Tutor/Administrative Officer for comment, together with the original application form and all relevant supporting material. All papers should be returned to the Admissions Office within 5 working days.
- The Admissions Officer shall refer the complaint plus departmental comments to the Dean of Admissions who shall advise as to appropriate action.
- The Admissions Officer shall communicate the decision of the Dean to the candidate.
* Applicants wishing to lodge a complaint about a rejection decision should use either the Appeals Procedure or the Complaints Procedure for Applicants.