HH15A View of village square, looking north. This view of the main village square of Anafi is taken from the south-west corner, looking north- north-east. In the background is the kastro, the rocky outcrop where a Venetian fortress once stood. To the right is the main village church with its main entrance directly below the bell tower. To the left, partly hidden by the wall infront of the church is a second entrance used by women. A narrow lane running from the square leads to a back entrance to the church. The image is captioned in Greek "Anafi" in the bottom left hand corner. Just above the word is a small chapel dedicated to Ayios Nikolaos (which can also be seen in the images showing the celebrations on Independence Day, 25 March 1941, MM5).