Student Precinct (Singleton Park Campus)
The University is proposing to construct a new Student Precinct at the centre of the Singleton Campus.
The project comprises the following:
- Refurbishment of the grade 2 listed Fulton house (partial or full) to include elements from the existing LRC
- Construction of a new 8250m2 Student Activity Centre building on the site of the existing Digital Technium building.
- Landscape and interventions between buildings to enhance the ‘heart’ of the campus
The primary function for the Student Precinct is to enhance the student experience both educationally and socially and offer facility's to place the university ahead of its peers.
It is proposed that the new student precinct will act as the fulcrum to student life on the campus, unifying access routes and enhancing access to surrounding buildings whilst bringing together all of the student life facilities into one place, providing a comfortable student environment and a gateway to social, pastoral, cultural and welfare services.
- Provide an outstanding ‘world class’ student facility.
- Improve the ‘stickiness’ of the singleton campus and enhance the social activity throughout the day.
- Create attractive social opportunities for existing and prospective students.
- Ensure a true ‘one stop shop’ for student welfare and support.
- Improve overall student experience at Swansea University.
- Improve Swansea University's appeal to prospective students.
The first phase is expected to start in Summer 2017 with a completion date of Autumn 2019.