Further reading, research, and links
Find out more:
- Athena SWAN Charter
- Race Equality Charter
- 5050 BY 2020
- Swansea University Promotions
- Swansea University Equal Opportunities Team
- Swansea University Equality Networks
- Equality Link: The Equality Challenge Unit’s Equality Link newsletter: Equalitylink - This is a monthly round-up of equality and diversity news, resources and ECU’s work with the sector. You can subscribe by visiting the ECU webpage here.
- Government equality policy: Subscribing to the Gov.UK Equality Policy email alerts gives you regular updates to national changes in policy and information on ‘what the government’s doing about equality’. You can subscribe by visiting the webpage here.
- Chwarae Teg: A Wales where women achieve and prosper - sign up to their newsletter for events and information.
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE): enables and energises people in business, industry and education to increase the participation, contribution and success of women in scinece, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). You can subscribe to their newsletters here.
Links to societies:
- Biochemical society: www.biochemistry.org
- Royal Society: royalsociety.org
- The Daphne Jackson Trust: www.daphnejackson.org
- Athena SWAN: www.athenaswan.org.uk
- Evidence that gendered wording in job advertisements exists and sustains gender inequality
- To reduce gender biases, acknowledge them
- The domestic basis of the scientific career: gender inequalities in ecology in France and Norway
- Women under-represented in world’s science academies
- Attrition of Women in the Biological Sciences: Workload, Motherhood, and Other Explanations Revisited
- Undestanding Unconscious Bias - Royal Society
- Why women leave academia.. - The Guardian
- 6 Steps to gender equality - ebook
- Male bosses need to speak up for gender balance
- New awards aim to celebrate women in Science - Nature