Portuguese for Beginners
This course is designed for absolute beginners who are exposed to the language for the first time. A special focus is on speaking and the use of the language in socially and professionally relevant situations. It also addresses common cultural differences that can have an effect on business relationships.
This course will help you the learner to:
• Develop competence in a range of everyday communicative situations in the workplace.
• Acquire the basic structure and work-related vocabulary of the language.
• Engage in basic conversations with a foreign business partner and exchange information about yourself, your professional role and your company.
• Travel confidently in Portuguese speaking countries and perform basic transactions (e.g. order a taxi, book and pay for a hotel room, order a drink or a meal, etc.).
• Understand cultural differences to avoid failures of miscommunication that can have negative consequences.