German TILT Courses
The German courses are designed for all learner levels (beginner, intermediate and advanced) and will help the learner to develop all key language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening). A special focus is on speaking and conversational German and the use of the language in socially and professionally relevant situations. On demand, the courses are adapted to suit the needs of the learners in various business contexts. They also address common cultural differences between Germany and Britain and aim to sensitize the learner on aspects that can potentially have negative effects on business relationships.
This course will help you to
- Develop competence in a range of everyday communicative situations in the workplace.
- Acquire work-related vocabulary of the language.
- Engage in conversations with a German business partner and exchange information about yourself, your professional role and your company.
- Travel confidently in German-speaking countries and perform basic transactions (e.g. order a taxi, book and pay for a hotel room, order a drink or a meal, write an email/letter, etc.).
- Acquire sales/marketing, negotiating and service-oriented skills as well as communicating effectively on the telephone (advanced level).
- Develop cross-cultural awareness to avoid a failure of miscommunication that can have damaging effects on a business relationship.