Higher Education Certificate in Counselling Skills
The Certificate Programme is offered on a part-time basis over two academic years. Students receive comprehensive training in the theory and practice of counselling and counselling skills.
The aim of the Certificate is:
• To enhance the skills and knowledge of people working in a range of careers, including health care professions, emergency services, education, social work and other disciplines that involve working with people.
• To prepare students for progression onto training as professional practitioners in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
Students will be required to attend 1 day a week, 10am - 5pm and will be offered in Swansea.
Essential Qualities of a Helping Relationship
Developing Counselling Skills
Therapeutic Interpersonal Processes (Process Module 1)
Society and Self – How we Become Who we Are
Professional Development (Process Module 2)
Prospective students will usually have completed at least 2 introductory modules in counselling, one of which must be at Level 4. However, applicants with equivalent qualifications or those who have sufficient relevant experience will also be considered.
• Complete the application form
• You will be invited to attend an information event to assess suitability for the course.
• You will also be required to attend an interview.
£1,500 per year