Science and Innovation Campus
The Science and Innovation Campus will enable the University to ‘break out’ of its current estate constraints, providing space for growth and facilitating increased collaboration with industry. It will deliver a next generation ‘Science Park’, co-locating University and industry researchers, students and academics – not only on the same site, but using the same laboratories and facilities.
Phase 1 of the Science and Innovation campus will include:
- Innovation Hub and Manufacturing Facility co-locating industry and College of Engineering research.
- Undergraduate teaching and research facilities for the College of Engineering and Schools of Business and Economics.
- Student facilities including an auditorium, retail, leisure and sports facilities
- Learning & Resource Centre library and associated resource facilities
- Student residences for up to 1,000 students
- Swansea Materials and Research Testing (SMaRT). Materials testing centre to include testing for Rolls Royce of new and existing materials that are used in the aerospace and aero engine industries.
More on the Campus Development Programme.