These procedures are for complaints regarding Admissions only
These procedures are to be followed when an applicant wishes to lodge a complaint concerning the University's handling of a query or an application for admission*.
- Complaints should be made in writing and referred, in the first instance, to the Head of Admissions.
- The Admissions Officer shall reply to the complainant stating that the complaint is being dealt with and that a full, written reply will be sent within 15 working days.
- The Head of Admissions, or nominee shall refer the complaint to the appropriate Admissions Tutor/Administrative Officer for comment, together with the original application form and all relevant supporting material. All papers should be returned to the Admissions Office within 5 working days.
- The Head of Admissions, or nominee shall refer the complaint plus departmental comments to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor with responsibility for Admissions, or nominee, who shall advise as to appropriate action.
- The Head of Admissions, or nominee shall communicate the final decision to the candidate.
NB complaints may only be submitted by a third party (e.g. school, parent or other representative) with explicit consent, in writing, from the applicant
*Applicants wishing to lodge a complaint about a rejection decision should use either the Appeals Procedure or the Complaints Procedure for Applicants.