Ty Beck - Couple, Families, Postgrad & PhD Students
Ty Beck or Beck House as it is known comprises 6 large Victorian town houses converted to provide good quality, family accommodation. It is situated in the Uplands area and near the local shops, banks, pubs and eating places. There are also single rooms available that are grouped into flats, with 6-11 students. Most of these students are Mature, on 47 or 51 Week study courses.
- Single rooms share kitchen-diners equipped with cookers, refrigerators, freezers and microwaves.
- Each flat has its own laundry facilities. Students provide their own bedding, crockery and kitchen utensils.
- There is plenty of free car parking in Beck House in the car park within the grounds
- 1 1/2 miles from the main University campus: 15 minute walk / 5 minute cycle
- Regular buses run to the city centre and Gower
- 10 minute bus ride / 45 minute walk / 15 minute cycle to the City Centre / train station
Types of Rooms
- 67 single en suite rooms
- 29 single standard rooms
- 5 one-bedroom flats for singles or couples
- 24 two-bedroom flats for families or couples
- 5 three-bedroom flats for families
- Beck is not considered suitable for younger undergraduate students.
Got a question about Ty Beck? Tweet us @ResidenServices
Take a look at the layout on the Beck House Plan
Some of the two and three bedroom family flats may in certain years be used to house two or three single students, sharing facilities.