Ty Beck - Couple, Families, Postgrad & PhD Students
Ty Beck or Beck House as it is known comprises 6 large Victorian houses providing good quality, family accommodation. It is situated in the Uplands area and near the local shops, banks, pubs and eating places.
- 1.5 miles from the main University campus: 15-minute walk / 5-minute cycle
- Regular buses run to the city centre and Gower
- 10-minute bus ride / 45-minute walk / 15-minute cycle to the City Centre / train station
Types of Rooms
- Single rooms available in grouped of 6-11 students. Contracts are only available for 47 or 51-week study courses.
- Single rooms share kitchen-diners equipped with cookers, refrigerators, freezers and microwaves.
- Each flat has its own laundry facilities. Students provide their own bedding, crockery, and kitchen utensils.
- There is plenty of free car parking in Beck House in the car park within the grounds.
- 67 single ensuite rooms
- 29 single standard rooms
- 5 one-bedroom flats for singles or couples
- 24 two-bedroom flats for families or couples
- 5 three-bedroom flats for families
- Beck is not considered suitable for younger undergraduate students
Rooms consist of Single, 1-bed flats, 2-bed flats and 3-bed flats - Total 130 Rooms on site
Block A = 11 flats of 1, 2 & 3 bedroom
- Block B = 11 flats of 1, 2 & 3 bedroom
- Block C = 12 flats of 1, 2 & 3 bedroom
- Block D = 31 Ensuite Rooms
- Block E = 29 Standard Rooms
- Block F = 18 Ensuite Rooms
- Block G = 18 Ensuite Rooms
Take a look at the layout on the Beck House Plan