Guarantees and Eligibility

Accommodation Guarantee

A place in residence is guaranteed to all new full-time undergraduate students who:

  • Hold and accept a firm offer to study on a full-time degree course at Swansea
  • Make an application for accommodation by 30 June

This means to be guaranteed a place in residence you must be studying full-time, meet the terms of your offer from Swansea and apply for accommodation by 30 June.

We try to extend this to insurance and clearing students when we can. 

Applications received after 30 June are allocated by date alongside Insurance and Clearing students.

Some residences are very popular and heavily subscribed therefore we do not guarantee a place in a particular residence.

Offer to Study Held
Type of Offer
Unconditional Firm
You have an offer to study with no conditions attached.
Conditional Firm
You need to meet criteria set out in your offer letter, such as exam results
Swansea is your 2nd choice university
You are coming through the UCAS clearing process
Foundation, Exchange
Non full Degrees


Eligibility - What residence am I eligible for?

Student Residences Eligibility Table

‌‌Student Residences Eligibility snapshot

Undergraduate Eligibility

New undergraduate:

  • Eligible for University accommodation in your first year.

Insurance students:

  •  You have Swansea as your second choice, you are eligible to apply.

Clearing students:

  • Will be sent details of how to submit an accommodation application when your place at Swansea is confirmed. You will then be eligible to apply for accommodation available at that time.

Healthcare students: 

  • Eligible to apply for any of our accommodation but the standard tenancy lengths may not be suitable. We have designated accommodation for you in the Student Village   

Postgraduate Eligibility

International Postgraduate Students

  • Priority for university residences is given to international postgraduate students
  • All international postgraduate students are eligible to apply for university accommodation

UK Postgraduate Students

  • We will have some rooms available in university residences for UK postgraduate students. Additionally, Student Accommodation Services (SAS) will assist UK postgraduate students to find private sector housing.
  • For further information on finding accommodation in the private sector please see SAS Lettings

See our Accommodation Allocations Policy